Bobby found his forever home and was adopted by Logan. Happy trails, Bobby!
Each month it costs Canine Charities approximately $2,600 for food, veterinary care, medications, personalized training and attention, caregiving, etc. to care for our rescues. That’s over $30,000 a year.
On April 30, Diana and Jon Sebaly of Oakwood graciously opened their home to host the first official fundraiser for WagsInn Canine Charities. More than 130 guests attended a fun-filled evening of music, food, silent and live auction, and great company. Your generous donations of over $30,000 will help unwanted dogs find forever homes.
Thank you to the planning committee of Diana Sebaly, Barb Haley, Lesley Neufeld, Tracey Schumann, Tiffany Ebersold, Lori Houseman, and Betsy Woods. Your time and talents are greatly appreciated.
We look forward to our next event and hope you will join us. Thank you from the bottom of hearts. Dog people are the best!
Photography by Aubrey Jones
On Saturday, April 30, from 6-9pm, Diana and Jon Sebaly are graciously hosting an open house and fundraiser at their residence (31 Walnut Lane, Oakwood). Tickets are $50 per person. RSVP by Barb Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Street parking is available, but NOT on Walnut Lane.
All of the money raised will go directly to our non-profit Canine Charities rescue organization to help unwanted and abandoned dogs find their forever homes. Each month it costs us approximately $2,600 for food, veterinary care, personalized training, bedding, caregiving, etc. to care for our rescues. That’s over $30,000 a year.
The following silent and live auction items will be available at the event (subject to change; cash or check accepted):
- “All About the Dog” gift basket
- Dog themed items – coffee mugs, salt and pepper shaker, artisan plate, dish towel, chip clips
- Custom painted portrait of your dog
- “Hair of the Dog” gift basket
- Everything you need to cope after a night of too much fun – Skyy vodka, Bloody Mary mix, $50 in Five Guys gift certificates, sweet and salty snacks, eye mask
- Heroic dog print by local artist
- Canine creation by artist Lisa Rosenmeier
- “Bare Bones” starter kit for a rescued dog at WagsInn
- Basic supplies every dog needs – collar, leash, treats, toy, flea and ticket preventative, etc.
- “Man’s Best Friend” gift basket
- Unwind with your four-legged pal with a good book, a bottle of wine, and a cigar
- Doggy Daycare at Club K-9 in Centerville
- 5-day daycare package for one dog (no transportation available)
- Four tickets to “Mutts Gone Nuts“
- Canine Cabaret showing at the Victoria Theatre Saturday, October 29, 2016
- Canine themed gift basket from Get Dressed boutique
- Items include silk/cashmere shawl, pillow cases, and nightshirt
- Gift basket from Square One Salon
- $50 pedicure, $50 gift certificate for Aveda products, water bottler, T-shirt
- Put your dog on the new WagsInn van
- The new WagsInn van has a limited number of spots available to display a professional photograph of your dog; first come first serve
- “Let Sleeping Dogs Lie” gift basket
- Five nights of boarding at WagsInn + a bath, and handmade collar, leash, and bed from Project Warmth
- Hocking Hills getaway (for the humans) and three-night’s stay (for your dog) at WagsInn
- 2-day stay (Sun-Wed) at Hillcrest Lodge; sleeps up to 14 guests and three nights of boarding for your dog
- Diamond necklace from Get Dressed boutique
- Stunning black diamond floral enhancer on a natural zircon necklace with diamond clasp
- Hand-painted portrait of your dog displayed at the entrance of WagsInn
- Local artist Cheyenne Autumn Pinkerman will paint your dog (4 foot x 4 foot) from a photograph you provide; artwork of your celebrity canine will be displayed outside at WagsInn
- Growlers of beer
- Locally hand-crafted “Houndstooth Ale” in two half gallon jugs
- Overnight golf outing for four at Wolf Run Golf Club in Indiana
- Ranked #15 for best modern course; you and three friends will get two rounds of golf, dinner, overnight stay, complimentary breakfast and lunch
- Do the downward dog package